[3dem] Leica EM GP2 Plunge Freezer - Problems shooting with humidifier chamber

Vanessa Carvalho vanessaisabeldiascarvalho at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 06:53:11 PST 2021

Dear 3DEM community,

I would like to ask you about your experience using the Leica EM GP2 Plunge
Freezer.

At our facility is the third time that we need to replace the humidifier
chamber, what happens is that after a couple of months the machine stops
being able to reach the 99% of humidity in the chamber and the mist is
completely gone or going very slowly. It is only able to go around 80% and
sometimes after leaving it working for a lot of the time it is possible to
reach 94% but then the humidifier chamber needs to be replaced, which is
quite expensive.

We have informed Leica about this, and we were advised to decrease the
amount of water introduced to 70 mL and do it slowly. At our facility we
are all experienced users, so we are also sure that this is not a "first
user misusing the machine" and that the instructions are being followed.

Has someone else experienced this problem? Could you fix it with any
approach that can help to prevent this problem?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience.

Wishes of a great New Year to all and stay safe!

Best,
*Vanessa Carvalho*, PhD
*Team manager, Strategic Research & Marketing, EM services*
*Vironova AB*
Gävlegatan 22, 113 30 Stockholm, Sweden
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://maps.google.com/?q=G**Avlegatan*22,*113*30*Stockholm,*Sweden&entry=gmail&source=g__;w6QrKysrKw!!Mih3wA!SZtbwNJZbsRIteZ1pXyo_ys__HVCICLsoAJL0BcVcP22FNumfdQxeoDC2n7SIp_fyg$ >
Mobile +46 (0) 70 859 15 88 <+46%2011%20222%2033%2044>
vanessa.carvalho at vironova.com <firstname.lastname at vironova.com>
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.vironova.com/__;!!Mih3wA!SZtbwNJZbsRIteZ1pXyo_ys__HVCICLsoAJL0BcVcP22FNumfdQxeoDC2n6j1vAszw$
[image: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.vironova.com/our-offering/em-service/__;!!Mih3wA!SZtbwNJZbsRIteZ1pXyo_ys__HVCICLsoAJL0BcVcP22FNumfdQxeoDC2n54sYTwWQ$ ]
[image: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanessa-carvalho-6444b443/__;!!Mih3wA!SZtbwNJZbsRIteZ1pXyo_ys__HVCICLsoAJL0BcVcP22FNumfdQxeoDC2n4PGSB2Ng$ ]