[3dem] [External] Re: Cooling water

Mariena Silvestry Ramos ms3289 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 9 17:48:38 PST 2024

Hi Ruben,

We use the same as David Mortan. Our FSEs bring grocery store distilled water (our FSEs in Nashville would buy Poland Spring and it worked well, so David S is also right). What they don't recommend is deionized. We sometimes use RO water to refill as well.

One of our fellow managers in the facility adds a bit of mouthwash to kill nasty stuff in the water. Have to say, it works like a charm and we don't have nasty films or floaties around anymore (he's used it since the 90s at Bell Labs). Before this, our FSEs would flush the system with some CLR and vinegar to deal with nasty stuff growing around and corrosion.

Hope this helps!

Mariena

Sent from my GameBoy