[3dem] This is my question to all the members experts and non-experts who are working on membrane proteins in the CryoEM

Aninda Dutta anindadutta86 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 13:46:01 PDT 2024

Dear 3DEM list members,
I have two small bacterial membrane enzymes (sub-50 kDa) that I want to
work with. Both of them are known to dimerize under certain conditions and
I want to understand the conformational dynamics of these systems under
native lipid environments (Liposome, nanodiscs) using CryoEM.
Regarding that, I have some questions to ask all of you -

   1. How are we as a community doing with sub-50 kDa CryoEM without using
   Fabs or other nanobodies?
   2. What are the challenges, and can we come over it?
   3. Tell me any suggestions or tips you may have before starting this
   project.

Last but not the least, I am open to any interesting collaborations.

Best,
Aninda

*Aninda Dutta*
*UVA Chem Graduate Student *