[3dem] This is my question to all the members experts and non-experts who are working on membrane proteins in the CryoEM

Guillaume Gaullier guillaume.gaullier at kemi.uu.se
Mon Apr 8 03:46:13 PDT 2024

Hi Aninda,

Here is a recent review on cryoEM of small proteins: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://doi.org/10.1016/j.str.2024.03.003__;!!Mih3wA!HjneFU3_I0LNA5Ecsh4kLh0y-aemd0SeU9_j156zgWRzsjVBc3UjwUKC4a_IbFBNlxbLfRt0INvqDSUWJasoXaTuv7SrZlB_$
It is not specific to membrane proteins, but might answer some of your questions or give you pointers to look further.

This other article with a systematic exploration of data collection parameters for GPCRs might be more directly relevant to you, even though GPCRs are larger than the proteins you describe: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-021-24650-3__;!!Mih3wA!HjneFU3_I0LNA5Ecsh4kLh0y-aemd0SeU9_j156zgWRzsjVBc3UjwUKC4a_IbFBNlxbLfRt0INvqDSUWJasoXaTuv0toUZGm$

When you don’t get answers on this 3DEM list, I suggest to also search the archives of the CCPEM list: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=CCPEM__;!!Mih3wA!HjneFU3_I0LNA5Ecsh4kLh0y-aemd0SeU9_j156zgWRzsjVBc3UjwUKC4a_IbFBNlxbLfRt0INvqDSUWJasoXaTuv7veKZys$
And if you still don’t find anything relevant, of course you are welcome to post your questions to the CCPEM list as well. Some people follow both lists (I do), but I don’t know how much the two populations overlap, so for certain questions you might reach more people with potential answers on the other list.

I hope this helps,

Guillaume