[3dem] postdoc position in Vancouver - cryo-EM analysis of bioelectricity complexes

Filip Van Petegem filip.vanpetegem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 13:26:47 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

A postdoctoral position is available to work on the problem of coupling
between different ion channels in electrically excitable tissues.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.vanpetegemlab.com/opportunities.html__;!!Mih3wA!CVF-SPCaNC-vVdE1gyXBkgT1jxaxO5bO41nAFnfd879r_3VTCKJoKu5jkd2M4ygVG1Hffn6NGNbGOGB3Hkg7eEdRqgiwSw$

The project entails cryo-EM, electrophysiology and protein biophysics, and
will make use of our state-of-the-art high-resolution EM facility (
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cryoem.med.ubc.ca/__;!!Mih3wA!CVF-SPCaNC-vVdE1gyXBkgT1jxaxO5bO41nAFnfd879r_3VTCKJoKu5jkd2M4ygVG1Hffn6NGNbGOGB3Hkg7eEe4uaP6EA$ ), dedicated patch clamp and planar lipid bilayer
electrophysiology setups, as well as all tools to express and purify
proteins from bacterial and mammalian cells.

We foster a diverse and inclusive lab environment and are looking for
motivated lab members that share these values. Postdoctoral fellows receive
the opportunity to join the Biochemistry Postdoctoral Scholar program at
UBC.  Joining the lab also means joining our local community of labs and
clinicians interested in ion channels and their associated diseases.

We are looking for motivated individuals with a recent PhD (obtained within
the last 4 years) using either structural biology (crystallography, NMR, or
cryo-EM) or electrophysiology. All applications can be sent to
filip.vanpetegem'at'ubc.ca    Please include an updated CV, names and
contact details for 3 references, and describe your motivation to join the
team. This is an excellent opportunity for structural biologists to learn
complementary methods, or for electrophysiologists to get exposed to
structural biology methods.

Filip Van Petegem

--
Filip Van Petegem, PhD
Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

phone: +1 604 827 4267
email: filip.vanpetegem at gmail.com
Twitter: @FilipPetegem
Bluesky: @filipvanpetegem