[3dem] Apoferritin for benchmarking

Raimond NL raimond.nl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 09:29:25 PST 2022

Dear Adam,

Allow us to advertise BfrB, a ferritin from mycobacteria
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__scripts.iucr.org_cgi-2Dbin_paper-3Fvo5005&d=DwIBaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=iM4bVnJ0BkKnOWn-AMW8LOR3FdmEaOiDtkvQzoHJ3iAJnE5S5P6bX37YpDmEWkhY&s=v0B5JqWrTE164UQ_JOGW_DHkKjQYb3PSb_UlLfLWK4I&e=
We arrived at it after having explored many other ferritins before.
Expression in E-coli, simple ammonium sulfate precipitation, high yield,
decent purity.
High solubility. When used at remarkably high concentrations (eg 50mg/ml)
one gets spectacular densely packed monolayers.
Welcome to request for a plasmid, or to pick up some aliquots in Maastricht.

Best,

Raimond Ravelli
Maastricht University
The Netherlands