[3dem] Filter paper cutter/puncher for Vitrobot

Rebecca Thompson R.F.Thompson at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Feb 10 08:31:37 PST 2020

Hi Paolo,

Our workshop has fashioned similar stamps to create filter paper for both the Vitrobot and Leica EM GP (as on attached image). Again both start with 55mm round paper and punch a hole of the correct size for the instrument. We have been using these for many years and seem to do a good job in our hands (as long as you only do a few bits of paper at a time), although I’m sure the cutting blade is not as sharp as a lovely sub-angstrom one!

I’d be happy to connect you (or anyone else interested) with our workshop if you would like one making.

Best wishes,
Becky

[cid:00170E79-68FB-4AA9-9ED0-26E69EF4DE46 at wireless.leeds.ac.uk]
Rebecca Thompson
Senior cryo-Electron Microscopy Support Scientist/Facility manager
Astbury Biostructure Laboratory
University of Leeds

Email r.f.thompson at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:r.f.thompson at leeds.ac.uk>
Phone 0113 3433384/3438957 (Office/Titan Krios control room)
Mobile 07816179813
Location Roger Stevens 5.40
Linkedin   https://uk.linkedin.com/in/1rebeccathompson
Twitter  Bex_16