[3dem] Recommendation of CTF estimation program

Carlos Oscar S. Sorzano coss at cnb.csic.es
Thu Feb 14 14:07:43 PST 2019

Dear Guobin,

stated like this, it is to difficult to give an "absolute"
recommendation. A first question would be if you see the Thon rings by
eye? If not, I would say that most programs will not be able to find the
defocus. If you can see them, then it is a matter of trying. All I can
offer in this regard is to try Xmipp on this, if you make one or two of
these micrographs available, you may send me a personal message with the
link and we will check them.

Kind regards, Carlos Oscar

Carlos Oscar Sánchez Sorzano                  e-mail:   coss at cnb.csic.es
Biocomputing unit                             http://i2pc.es/coss
National Center of Biotechnology (CSIC)
c/Darwin, 3
Campus Universidad Autónoma (Cantoblanco)     Tlf: 34-91-585 4510
28049 MADRID (SPAIN)                          Fax: 34-91-585 4506