[3dem] SIRT

benoit.zuber at ana.unibe.ch benoit.zuber at ana.unibe.ch
Thu Sep 8 00:05:28 PDT 2016

Hi Bill

Not sure what could be wrong. You will probably get much better help (from the programmer) if you post your question on the imod mailing list.
Best

Ben

De : 3dem <3dem-bounces at ncmir.ucsd.edu> au nom de Bill & Sue Tivol <wtivol at sbcglobal.net>
Date : jeudi, 8 septembre 2016 01:51
À : "3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu" <3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu>
Objet : [3dem] SIRT

Hi All,
I have a data set that I’d like to reconstruct with SIRT.  I started etomo and successfully got through the final alignment step, resulting in a well-aligned tilt series.  When I set up the Generate Tomogram step, clicking on SIRT, I chose iterations 20 and 30 to save.  The reconstruction failed, generating the error message shown below.  I also tried a WBP reconstruction on the same data set, using the aligned tilt series from the SIRT reconstruction, and it gave a reasonable result.  I do not know how to interpret the error message.  Could someone please let me know what I might do to get a successful SIRT reconstruction?  BTW, I also tried to use the command line tomo3d -S -a filename.tlt -i filename.ali -o filename.srec with appropriate parameters for thickness in z and iterations to save—a process I had used successfully on another computer—but I got a command-not-found error.  Is there a way to install part of etomo to get access to that command?  TIA for all help.
Yours,
Bill

[cid:image001.png at 01D209B0.24873320]