[3dem] Manual data collection with Falcon camera

Matthias Wolf matthias.wolf at oist.jp
Wed Jun 3 07:20:52 PDT 2015

Hi Chuang,

Consider Greg McMullan's Falcon hack - it works brilliantly and you simply end up with an 18 frames/sec MRC image stack on a dedicated drive whenever you take an exposure. Google for Chen Xu's Falcon hack tutorial with instructions how to build the capture PC.

Otherwise I second Bob's recommendation of leginon for targeting individual filaments. We use it together with Greg's Falcon hack.

Regards,

   Matthias