[3dem] 3 year postdoc in structure-guided drug design

Thom Sharp t.sharp at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Jul 22 06:55:07 PDT 2024

Hi everyone,

We have a 3 year postdoc available in my lab to work on structure-guided design of proteins and peptides to modulate the human immune system.

Briefly, we’ve used cryoEM to image various proteins “caught in the act” of immune defence, and have discovered that a protein called CRP forms molecular patterns on lipid membranes. The shape of these patterns dictates how our immune system will respond – from inflammation to silent clearance to inhibition. Control of these patterns enables control of our immune system; this project will explore methods to gain control, with an eye on future therapeutic applications.

The School of Biochemistry, and Bristol in general, are great places to work. We have access to high-end cryoEM and state-of-the-art facilities, a fantastic network of structural and synthetic biologists, contacts with industrial partners, and lots of exciting collaborations to get involved with.

The advert is here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details/?jobId=353475&jobTitle=Research*20Associate*20*2F*20Senior*20Research*20Associate*20in*20Structure-Guided*20Drug*20Design__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJQ!!Mih3wA!GszsT5sTSuKutfjC84R9iBP_V3oR6cWTCX1LzqlAYaoCDZoTWt5A4JcK2dUABTcSz7A_Eu4uZnG8dj5jAjKSFkY$

And more information on the position is available in this pdf:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/tlk/pages/fo/download_job_file.jsp?ID=Q50FK026203F3VBQBV7V77V83&nDocumentID=4079599&ptId=353475__;!!Mih3wA!GszsT5sTSuKutfjC84R9iBP_V3oR6cWTCX1LzqlAYaoCDZoTWt5A4JcK2dUABTcSz7A_Eu4uZnG8dj5jlvmnNXY$

Experience with cryoEM is required, and experience with protein/peptide design, peptide synthesis, and/or protein expression is beneficial.

I’m very happy to be contacted for informal questions about the project

Please send this email on to anyone you think might be interested!

All the best,

Thom

Dr. Thomas H. Sharp
Associate Professor
Room C101b, School of Biochemistry, University of Bristol, BS8 1TD, UK
Tel: +44 (0)117 455 2024
Email: t.sharp at bristol.ac.uk<mailto:t.sharp at bristol.ac.uk>
[signature_4039223292]