[3dem] internal nanogold beads

Beata Turonova beata.turonova at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 02:03:36 PDT 2024

Dear Michiel,

yes you can use eTomo for the alignment - the option to split fiducials
in two surfaces is there for the case the fiducials are sticking to the
surface which is suboptimal and needs extra care. To have the fiducials
distributed in the sample is way better for the alignment and works
nicely in eTomo.

During the finding and erasing of fiducials you get both the 3D
coordinates within a tomogram as well as 2D coordinates corresponding to
the aligned tilt series. They are automatically as mod files (with
extension .fid I believe) in the project folder.

Best,

Beata