[3dem] Tilt axis angle

Zongli Li zongli.li at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 13:32:49 PDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

We recently collected some tilt series data on vitrified ribosome sample
using ThermoFisher Scientifc's Tomo5 software. The data were collected on
Falcon 4i. When trying to process the data using the new version of relion
tomo workflow (relion 5.0-beta), we are wondering what parameter we should
use from the dmoc file for tilt axis angle (TiltAxisAngle or
RotationAngle). If the TiltAxisAngle is used in our test run, the
reconstructed tomogram is nonsense, but the reconstructed tomogram looks
okay if RotationAngle is used. Any suggestions or explanations on this
would be highly appreciated.

Best,

Zongli