[3dem] Postdoc in Chromatin Biology

Arimura, Yasuhiro yarimura at fredhutch.org
Fri Feb 23 10:29:44 PST 2024

Dear All,

I am excited to let you know that the Arimura Lab (launched in February 2024 in Basic Sciences Division, Fred Hutch Cancer Center, Seattle, WA, USA) is looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow to help establish an inclusive, diverse, innovative, and collaborative research team.

The successful candidate must have a keen interest in chromatin biology and the courage to develop novel approaches. We are particularly interested in combining structural biology and genomics approaches.

The mission of the Arimura Lab is to elucidate the regulation mechanisms of biological events occurring in eukaryotic chromosomes. Our Lab will accomplish this elucidation by developing novel approaches. The lab currently possesses unique technology to determine the high-resolution cryo-EM structures of chromatin-related complexes isolated from interphase and M phase chromosomes formed in Xenopus (frog) egg extract (PMID: 34478647) and Magnetic Isolation and Concentration (MagIC)-cryo-EM, a technique enabling direct structural analysis of targets captured on nanomagnetic beads, which allows for the structural determination of scarce macromolecules (< 0.0005 mg/mL) in heterogeneous samples (PMID: 38328033 [preprint]).

The fellow will either work on implementing our unique technologies or further advancing them (e.g. combining them with genomics, applying these technologies to tissue culture cells) to elucidate the structural basis of the biological events occurring in eukaryotic chromosomes, such as the transcription regulation in euchromatin and heterochromatin, the mitosis-specific mechanisms that compact chromosomes and assemble kinetochores, and the accessible chromatin formation around transcription start site.

The Arimura Lab provides a supportive environment that strongly emphasizes individualized mentoring. Upon joining, we will prioritize your continued development as an independent scientist. We will collaborate with you to identify and develop plans to achieve your research and professional development goals. In addition, Fred Hutch and the Basic Sciences Division offer numerous career development opportunities, benefits, and competitive salaries (starting at approximately $68k, with scheduled raises to ~$91k by 2027) for postdoctoral fellows.

Please visit the following link to learn more.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://careers-fhcrc.icims.com/jobs/27135/post-doctoral-research-fellow---arimura-lab/job__;!!Mih3wA!BmNJesCYmKZMDBmtHc80O52BRF2NJc2MDksb_qiX0OZbv6NFjIuQSoSexoof6TcSUZe2gaLzKAJeaVpqhRVjL4I$

Best Regards,
Yasu Arimura

yarimura at fredhutch.org<mailto:yarimura at fredhutch.org>
Assistant Professor, Basic Sciences Division
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center
1100 Fairview Ave N,
Seattle, WA 98109