[3dem] Beam drift - Glacios G2

Nadav Elad nadav.elad at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Feb 13 03:49:18 PST 2024

Dear Piotr

We had a similar issue in our Talos Arctica. The beam drifted significantly to the same direction every time we switched from SA to LM and back to SA. It then gradually drifted back to its initial SA position and settled there. After many months of troubleshooting it turned out that when splitting the column (because of unrelated stage problems), the condenser module was tightened to the objective module in a slightly tilted orientation. Splitting the column again and tightening the screws around the column with the correct torque wrench finally fixed the problem.

Best
Nadav

--
Nadav Elad, Ph.D.