[3dem] Choosing some micrographs from a large dataset

Huw Jenkins h.t.jenkins at me.com
Fri Oct 6 03:02:43 PDT 2023

Hi,

> On 6 Oct 2023, at 10:37, Gabriel Abraham Frank <frankg at bgu.ac.il> wrote:
>
> The way I do such tasks is to down-sample all the micrographs and write them as PNG files.
> I then move the down-sampled PNG files along with the star file to a local machine where I can conveniently select the relevant ones and put them in a separate directory.
> I then run a script deleting the micrographs not selected from the star file.

Yes have done similar. Worth mentioning if data were collected with EPU then there will already be jpgs of the summed frames from each of the movies collected - depending on how much detail [1] you need they may be sufficient. They are quite downsampled though (eg. to 512x512 px for Falcon 4)

Huw

[1] Not sure if there is any frame alignment performed.