[3dem] Choosing some micrographs from a large dataset

Reinhard Rachel Reinhard.Rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Oct 6 04:12:03 PDT 2023

Hi, yes, this is the way to go:  it is worth considering (before starting data
collection ) to also save png‘s or jpg‘s. The latter can be done in SerialEM
(using the script commands SaveToOtherFile, or SnapshotToFile). Look into
SerialEM help for details.
Kind regards, Reinhard

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

> Am 06.10.2023 um 12:14 schrieb Huw Jenkins <h.t.jenkins at me.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 6 Oct 2023, at 10:37, Gabriel Abraham Frank <frankg at bgu.ac.il> wrote:
>>
>> The way I do such tasks is to down-sample all the micrographs and write them
as PNG files.
>> I then move the down-sampled PNG files along with the star file to a local
machine where I can conveniently select the relevant ones and put them in a
separate directory.
>> I then run a script deleting the micrographs not selected from the star
file.

> Yes have done similar. Worth mentioning if data were collected with EPU then
there will already be jpgs of the summed frames from each of the movies
collected - depending on how much detail [1] you need they may be sufficient.
They are quite downsampled though (eg. to 512x512 px for Falcon 4)