[3dem] Postdoctoral position available in the Zubcevic lab

Lejla Zubcevic lzubcevic at kumc.edu
Tue May 30 11:09:38 PDT 2023

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral fellow position in the laboratory of Lejla Zubcevic at University of Kansas Medical Center to work on the structure and molecular mechanisms of ion channels and transporters. The mission of our lab is to elucidate important, but little studied neuronal ion transport mechanisms via cryo-EM, electrophysiology, and cell biology techniques. We strive to do excellent science humanely, and provide good compensation, a nurturing and friendly environment, and opportunities for training and networking.
We are fully equipped for structural studies of membrane proteins, and we have access to the new cryo-EM facility at the University of Kansas Medical Center.

The lab is located in Kansas City, an exciting metropolis with excellent affordability, and booming art, food, and sports scenes which has been voted one of top 10 places to visit in the US by Conde Nast Traveler.

Candidates must have obtained a Ph.D. degree within the past three years, possess a strong background in protein biochemistry (protein expression and purification) and structural biology (single particle cryo-electron microscopy, X-ray crystallography, or NMR) and be highly motivated and organized. Additional expertise in membrane transport, membrane protein biochemistry, cryo-EM, electrophysiology is a plus. Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly desirable.

If you are interested, please email your curriculum vitae, a cover letter describing your research experience and interests and contact information for 2 references to lzubcevic(at)<mailto:seok-yong.lee at duke.edu>kumc.edu

We look forward to hearing from potential new labmates.

Sincerely,

Lejla Zubcevic

Lejla Zubcevic
Assistant Professor