[3dem] Dry nitrogen generator that supports Aquilos cryo FIB

Liu, Xinran xinran.liu at yale.edu
Wed Jul 5 11:33:02 PDT 2023

Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for help to identify a dry N2 generator that can work with the Aquilos II cryo FIB (Thermo Fisher).

It has become a concern that the Aquilos milling operation requires a huge volume of dry nitrogen that makes use of typical cylinders not practical. Because our building does not have a N2 supply source, we will have to purchase and install one that works with the Aquilos. Our multiple attempts to reach out to Thermo Fisher have not generated any response so far. The following are requirements for the generator, if someone here knows one or uses one that meet the criteria, can you share the information? much appreciated.

N2 at connection of the microscope
0.5x105 Pa (7.25 psi, 0.5 bar) to 0.8 x105 Pa (11.6 psi, 0.8 bar)
Flow rate is 30 liters/min
The water content must be less than 10 ppm

Xinran Nick Liu, M.D. & Ph.D.
Director, Center for Cellular & Molecular Imaging
Electron Microscopy Core Facility
Senior Research Scientist in Cell Biology
Yale University School of Medicine
Office Phone: 203.785.4050
Lab Phone: 203.785.5390
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://medicine.yale.edu/ccmi/em__;!!Mih3wA!AtSccyzvx8vIvJoc8dL2wPoyPez_WaSgRS0BsBwF70PkXgm7AkzRvmhy_5iwYe0_SR5vmzzTc-8Hlrsd25uk_dz9$