[3dem] acetone-reistent fluorescence beads for cryo?

Tobias Furstenhaupt furstenh at mpi-cbg.de
Tue Aug 22 03:35:37 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

for a project we are currently dipping our toes into cryo-CLEM and want to image cells before AFS and Epon embedding by cryo LM to confirm a certain fluorescent protein to be expressed and target this cell for ultramicrotomy. For that we would like to use fluorescent markers/beads next to the cells to serve as fiducials for us to find back our cells of interest after resin embedding. Do you have by any chance an idea of fluorescent markers that emit fluorescence under cryo-conditions and are also acetone resistant to survive the freeze-substitution? QDots maybe? Any successful or failed experiment would be highly valued

thanks alot in advance :)
Tobias

Tobias Fürstenhaupt, PhD
head of Electron Microscopy
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG)
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 Dresden, Germany

mail: furstenh at mpi-cbg.de
phone: (+49) (0)351 210-2690