[3dem] Vibrations with cryo-holders

Denis Chrétien denis.chretien at univ-rennes.fr
Wed Aug 9 07:34:31 PDT 2023

Dear cryo-EM community,

We face a recent problem with our cryo-holders, since we get « vibrations »  independently of wether they are filled with LN2 or not (see attached movie, look at the FFT). This happens with our 3 cryo-holders (Gatan 626DH, CT3500TR, Simple Origin) but not with the room-temperature holder …

I’ve tried to tackle different sources of noise and/or vibrations, but without success. Stoping the air conditioning did not help. I’m wondering wether this is related with the stage of the microscope itself (Tecnai Sphera 200 kV).

Has someone faced a similar issue and found a solution? Any advice/suggestion would be warmly appreciated ;-)

Best,

Denis

Université de Rennes 1
UMR 6290, équipe MiToS