[3dem] Staff Scientist / Postdoctoral Associate Position – HHMI Janelia

Li, Jiefu lij6 at janelia.hhmi.org
Sun Sep 4 12:24:01 PDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

We are seeking a staff scientist or postdoctoral associate to lead projects investigating cell-surface signaling by using cryo-electron tomography and integrative structural biology approaches. Below and attached please find more information. Please distribute. Thank you!

Best, Jiefu

​​------

Jiefu Li, Ph.D.

Group Leader, 4D Cellular Physiology

Janelia Research Campus, HHMI

We are hiring! Join us: lilab.science/join-us<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://lilab.science/join-us__;!!Mih3wA!GaBHDwRuOsM-NRy9-FhFOfYhGyhiREEWjsMy6frD4L7bsVd3SUeuyXAtHNLq4wqj5Lx5VOjRDF3TmXLCUaxz$  >

Cryo-ET Staff Scientist / Postdoctoral Associate – Jiefu Li Lab, HHMI Janelia

Please send the application to Jiefu Li (lij6 at janelia.hhmi.org<mailto:lij6 at janelia.hhmi.org>) with a summary of the current work and future research interest, a detailed CV, and names/contacts of three references. We also welcome joint scientists/postdocs with other Janelia labs (link<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.janelia.org/our-research/our-labs__;!!Mih3wA!GaBHDwRuOsM-NRy9-FhFOfYhGyhiREEWjsMy6frD4L7bsVd3SUeuyXAtHNLq4wqj5Lx5VOjRDF3TmXUOZG6M$  >).

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:

  *   Design and perform experiments of cellular and molecular cryo-ET
  *   Explore and analyze data using computation techniques
  *   Collaborate with other researchers for methodological development
  *   Communicate research with the community and the public

Education:

  *   Ph.D. degree in any related fields

Skills and Abilities:

  *   Experience with cryo-ET/EM and integrative structural biology, particularly data analysis
  *   Optional: experience with chemical biology and/or cell biology
  *   Ability to work collaboratively

About HHMI Janelia:
Janelia Research Campus is a pioneering research center in Ashburn, Virginia, where scientists pursue fundamental questions in neuroscience and imaging. The Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) launched Janelia in 2006, establishing an intellectually distinctive environment for scientists to do creative, collaborative, hands-on work.   Our integrated teams of biologists, computational scientists, and tool-builders pursue a small number of scientific questions with potential for transformative impact.  We share our methods, results, and tools with the scientific community.  It is a uniquely innovative and collaborative atmosphere that reflects HHMI’s reputation for excellence.