[3dem] low-humidity workstation (glovebox)? Any experience?

Ludtke, Steven J. sludtke at bcm.edu
Thu Jul 28 06:17:25 PDT 2022

What sort of contamination are you hoping to avoid, and for what processes?  Most people plasma clean or glow discharge their grids prior to use, which will pretty effectively remove most non-ice "contamination". If you mean ice contamination, clearly that isn't something that will occur until after vitrification, so are you talking about moving the clipping process completely into a glove box? Are you doing some other sort of specimen preparation?

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D. <sludtke at bcm.edu<mailto:sludtke at bcm.edu>>                      Baylor College of Medicine
Charles C. Bell Jr., Professor of Structural Biology        Dept. of Biochemistry
Deputy Director, Advanced Technical Cores                   and Molecular Biology
Academic Director, CryoEM Core
Co-Director CIBR Center