[3dem] Elsa 698 : best-practice bake-out procedure

Tim Gruene tim.gruene at univie.ac.at
Mon Aug 29 05:52:09 PDT 2022

Dear all,

we recently received our Gatan Elsa 698 holder. I would like to gather
some recommendations for daily use and bake-out procedure.
- what temperature do you use for bake-out?
- how long do you bake-out for?
- are there special maintenance procedures?
- what would be signs of deterioriation, abd after what period would
  they occur?

We use the holder both for room-temperature and for cryo-measurements.

The manual refers to the Gatan pumping station, but ours was delivered
with a Pfeiffer pumping station ;-)

Thanks a lot for your time!

Best,
Tim

Tim Gruene
Head of the Centre for X-ray Structure Analysis
Faculty of Chemistry
University of Vienna

Phone: +43-1-4277-70202

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A