[3dem] K3 problem during warming up

Parvate, Amar D amar.parvate at pnnl.gov
Thu Oct 14 13:20:43 PDT 2021

Hey Shixin
Sometimes the errors you see K3 computer could be due to a communication issue especially because other than that your K3 seems to be working fine.
Have you tried restarting the controllers for both the GIB and the camera? Confirm with your Gatan Primary FAS but the order is of shutdown is – Shutdown GMS/DM, then Shutdown PC, then GIB controller, then Gatan controller. Wait for 10 mins. Bring them back up as GIB controller first, then Gatan controller, then the Gatan PC. This has gotten rid of these errors for us in the past.
As for the DM crash – we have seen it happen while both collecting data on SerialEM as well as EPU. We just check the ZLP centering if you are using a filter, check if any alignments need to be touched up and restart data collection again.
Hope this works
Best
Amar