[3dem] K3 problem during warming up

shixin yang shxyang2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 12:36:00 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

Our K3 camera in krios has two problems:
1. When we carry out cryo cycle in the weekend, K3 camera will be warmed up. Two messages pop up during warming up K3 camera (see attached). The first message ("The sensor is off") will show up after ~ 20 minutes warming up. The temperature increase to 37 degree in K3 camera. Another message (the sensor is on)  will show up when temperature drops down in camera. The camera still works fine in spite of these two messages. Does anyone observe this message? Does this message imply any damage in the camera sensor?
2. Another message occasionly pops up during data collection (see 2nd attachment) in SerialEM. It indicates that DM stops work. We can't click any other place in windows desktop except this message window. After clicking "close the program", DM will be automatically be shutdown. Camera can be restored to work after restart DM.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Shixin