[3dem] TEM camera feedback

Igor Kraev i.v.kraev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 13:25:08 PDT 2021

Hello 3dem community,

I'm looking to buy a new camera for the JEOL JEM1400 microscope. The camera
will be used for epoxy resin sections imaging, serial section TEM,
tomography, nanoparticles and negative staining imaging, occasionally for
imaging TEM lamellas. Currently we have an AMT XR60 12MPx CCD camera on our
JEM1400 with AMT capturing software plus SerialEM. On another microscope
JEM2100 we have Gatan Orius SC1000 camera.

By price I have a choice between Gatan RIO16 and AMT NanoSprint43 MK-II and
AMT NanoSprint15 Mk-II. I've seen Gatan OneView in action and was impressed
by its drift correction. I would assume RIO16 has similar performance in
that as well. I'm not sure about AMT cameras though. I really like the AMT
camera for its simplicity, however its drift correction is unknown to me.

I would really appreciate any feedback for the mentioned above cameras.

Kind regards,
Igor Kraev
Igor Kraev, PhD | Laboratory Manager (EM & Imaging)
Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
The Open University, EM Suite, Venables Building, Walton Hall, Milton
Keynes MK7 6AA
+44 (0) 1908 858192 | igor.kraev at open.ac.uk | https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.open.ac.uk_emsuite&d=DwIBaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=ApaSVzO6JYg6D2IbZCK-_c4Jsq1agb_AE-pa6UMnbyw&s=D-E4eJiYwYC5C9YcE4m6I3S1TbW550tRnyEdp_7jZIk&e=