[3dem] Research Technician Position in Structural Virology at Columbia University

T Marc tmarc292 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 06:49:51 PDT 2021

The Anne Moscona and Matteo Porotto labs at Columbia University Medical
Center are recruiting a research technician to work on the mechanisms of
viral entry using cryo-electron tomography. No experience is necessary, but
previous knowledge in either virology or cryo-electron microscopy
techniques is a plus. Training will be provided in sample preparation,
tomography imaging, and data processing. We are looking for people who want
to expand their knowledge and join the exciting field of structural
virology!

Here is a link to a recent paper from our lab focusing on understanding the
mechanism of viral entry for a human parainfluenza virus:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__journals.plos.org_plospathogens_article-3Fid-3D10.1371_journal.ppat.1008883&d=DwIBaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=PQsU_5C4L4HCfVTP4CMB1K2lYYwp6igIBZsabxrqQ2g&s=AxTYW3CR8yO7Z_tQNEMvRQcLKdLVuYchTKSbGjzM-lc&e=

To apply, send your CV/resume and 2-3 references to tm2996 at cumc.columbia.edu
.

All the best,

Tara Marcink

Columbia University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.

Columbia values diversity among its students, staff, and faculty and
strongly welcomes applications from women, persons with disabilities,
protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities.