[3dem] remote microscopy question

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Wed Sep 30 08:45:00 PDT 2020

Hi again,

    There are lots of responses and they all seem to involve using something (VNCviewer, TeamViewer, AnyDesk, NoMachine, whatever) to connect to the support PC and then to start somethinjg like VNCviewer on the support PC and connect to the microscope PC through the private microscope network.

    We were able to make a direct connection to the Artica PC for over a year.   When I say direct, I mean simply that we did not first connect to the support PC and then run some sort of remote desktop application on it.  Is no-one else doing this?

--
    politics is more difficult than physics.
                                             A. Einstein

            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center
             047E Simon Hall