[3dem] 3DEM GRC Connects

Cameron Varano cburk05 at vt.edu
Wed Sep 2 07:20:58 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 3DEM GRC
Connects, which will be held virtually on Friday, September 11, 2020 from
9:00-10:30am EDT.

This inaugural event will provide a great opportunity for our community to
meet and discuss 3DEM in the age of Coronavirus in a friendly and inclusive
atmosphere. Registration for the event is free and limited to 200 attendees
(first come first serve).

We will have an exciting program on the theme of “3DEM facilities in a
global pandemic.” With the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic, the way the 3DEM
community does research has changed. This is particularly true for EM
facilities, which have been forced to find new ways of working to enable
continuation of essential research while ensuring the safety of staff and
users. In this “GRC Connects” session we will bring the worldwide 3DEM
community together on a virtual platform to discuss the challenges faced by
EM facilities, and share knowledge and ideas for solutions, best practices
and opportunities arising from working in this global pandemic.

The event will begin with a short introduction by our panelists to explain
how they and their facilities have been adapting to working during the
pandemic. This will be followed by an extended period of discussion, during
which attendees can ask questions and/or comment. We will finish the event
with networking which can occur in small groups or one-on-one. Some of the
networking “tables” will have assigned topics with table leaders, while
others will be open for additional topics or to simply connect with your
peers. Our panelists are:

   -

   Dr. Wah Chiu, Stanford-SLAC Cryo-EM Center, USA
   -

   Dr. Jianlin Lei, Tsinghua University, CN
   -

   Dr. Peijun Zhang, Electron Bio-Imaging Centre, Diamond Light Source, UK

GRC Connects will be hosted on the Remo platform, which makes interaction
and networking with colleagues both easy and fluid. You can preview the
platform by viewing this short video. https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://youtu.be/yXJfQT3m1OM__;!!Mih3wA!UHl0IKHQDtFD2MciGv-Rqf64xFTOZR159bHUn3Q-2_s2oe27bf8F_XqqJBlq6W1KxQ$

You can find more information and register for the 2020 3DEM GRC Connects
at the following link:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.grc.org/grc-connects-three-dimensional-electron-microscopy/default.aspx__;!!Mih3wA!UHl0IKHQDtFD2MciGv-Rqf64xFTOZR159bHUn3Q-2_s2oe27bf8F_XqqJBmGMFIJug$

Registration for the GRC Connects is open now.

Sincerely,

Cameron Varano, Colin Palmer, Daniela Nicastro and Sharon Wolf

Co-Chairs, 3DEM GRC Connects 2020