[3dem] Fully Funded Postdoc and PhD positions in cryo-EM at University of Melbourne, Australia

Debnath Ghosal debnath.ghosal at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Sep 1 23:50:40 PDT 2020

Hi All,

There are exciting PhD and Postdoctoral positions available in my laboratory at the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Melbourne. Candidates with a strong background in structural biology (cryo-EM and/or X-ray crystallography)/computational biology/biophysics are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will investigate the structure and function of bacterial and viral molecular machines that are important for pathogenesis using integrative approaches including cryo-ET, CLEM and various cell biology and biochemical methods. To know more about our research programme please visit here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://ghosallab.com/__;!!Mih3wA!RpYmdnxdY0yWg8rjYha5733xkC7Pawo628epFk3ogtQByIF_rPcqe4N_wxwrOr-dHw$ .

We are fully equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation including a 300 keV Titan Krios G4 cryo-EM with phase plate, GIF and K3 direct detector, a 200 keV Talos Arctica, a 200 keV Glacios, a cryogenic fluorescence light microscope, a cryo-FIB-SEM, and comprehensive sample preparation and screening facility.

University of Melbourne has a vibrant research environment and consistently ranked amongst the top universities in the world. Melbourne is a very lively cosmopolitan city and considered as one of the most livable cities in the world.

To apply for the postdoc position, please use the following link: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/903169/research-fellow__;!!Mih3wA!RpYmdnxdY0yWg8rjYha5733xkC7Pawo628epFk3ogtQByIF_rPcqe4N_wxyUgBpjoQ$ . For informal enquiries, please contact me (debnath.ghosal at unimelb.edu.au) directly.

The postdoc application will close on 29 Sep 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time.

Warm regards,
Debnath

Debnath Ghosal, PhD

NHMRC Emerging Leadership Fellow

Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology,

Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute

The University of Melbourne, Victoria, 3010 Australia

T: +61 3 83448441

Email: debnath.ghosal at unimelb.edu.au

Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.ghosallab.com__;!!Mih3wA!RpYmdnxdY0yWg8rjYha5733xkC7Pawo628epFk3ogtQByIF_rPcqe4N_wxw3zyuPuQ$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.ghosallab.com__;!!Mih3wA!RpYmdnxdY0yWg8rjYha5733xkC7Pawo628epFk3ogtQByIF_rPcqe4N_wxw3zyuPuQ$ >