[3dem] Fwd: [PROFESIONAL] Registration open for the: Instruct virtual course on Single Particle Analysis by CryoE. Madrid, December 14 - 18, 2020

Carlos Oscar Sorzano coss at cnb.csic.es
Tue Oct 27 01:54:28 PDT 2020

-------- Mensaje reenviado --------
Asunto: 	[PROFESIONAL] Registration open for the: Instruct virtual
course on Single Particle Analysis by CryoE. Madrid, December 14 - 18, 2020
Fecha: 	Mon, 26 Oct 2020 18:25:57 +0100
De: 	Blanca Benitez <blanca at cnb.csic.es>
Responder a: 	Blanca Benitez <blanca at cnb.csic.es>
Para: 	profesional at cnb.csic.es
CC: 	Blanca Benitez <blanca at cnb.csic.es>

Dear Colleagues,

The Registration for the “Instruct virtual course on Single Particle
Analysis by CryoE. Madrid, December 14 – 18, 2020” Is now open:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://i2pc.es/instruct-virtual-course-on-single-particle-analysis-by-cryoe-madrid-december-14-18-2020/__;!!Mih3wA!VA6zao9bY7SgsjLYR-S4Fp6DBbMU-OaACaf-cb-pI9TuehYl3WzNs0GPD2JN0hQBbw$

The aim of the course is to give an overall overview of the whole
process of single particle analysis (SPA) starting from sample
preparation, image acquisition at the microscope, image processing and
atomic modelling. The I2PC has a long tradition of organizing courses of
image processing and atomic modelling, with Instruct courses that have
been heavily oversubscribed and had to be repeated twice in the same
year to be able to attend its demand. In this edition of the course we
have included the sample preparation and image acquisition part, which
will be done in the recently established high-end CryoEM facility at the
CNB, which incorporates a Thermofisher Talos Arctica (200kV) and JEOL
CryoARM 300 (300 kV). The CNB CryoEM facility is in the process of being
incorporated into the offer of the Instruct catalogue. For this reason,
we have extended our traditional 3 days course into a 5 days course that
includes sample preparation and image acquisition.

For logistic reasons and travelling restrictions, the whole course will
be given online. An additional benefit of this circumstance is that the
course can be recorded and stay as a permanent course in Instruct.
Although the course is online we will try to keep the interactions with
attendees. For this reason, _we will limit the maximum number of
attendees to 20_.

The course is aimed at researchers of all levels wanting to adopt
electron microscopy as one of the tools at their disposal for
elucidating biological structures.

With best Regards

I2PC Team & CryoEM Facility

Blanca E. Benitez

National Center for Biotechnology - CSIC

Biocomputing Unit/ I2PC

Phone: +34 91 585 4922

Email: blanca at cnb.csic.es <mailto:blanca at cnb.csic.es>