[3dem] server K2 Summit Colfax PC

Matt Harrington matt at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Nov 27 11:13:05 PST 2020

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 9:03 AM Arteni Ana-Andreea <aana_ro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if someone can propose us an alternative option, instead of buying a new server for 30k€? Does someone have an unused Colfax PCs motherboard for sale, that would be suitable for K2 summit?

Dear Ana-Andreea,

Colfax sells computers made with standard PC parts.  They don't make
their own motherboards.  The motherboard manufacturer and model should
be printed on it somewhere.  You could likely buy that motherboard on
your own.  It's likely made by Supermicro, Gigabyte, or Asus.

Or, there is probably a serial number on the back of your PC which
begins with "CX".  Send that number to sales at colfax-intl.com and ask
if they can sell a replacement motherboard directly to you.  It might
be complicated since you're in France.

Matt