[3dem] server K2 Summit Colfax PC

Arteni Ana-Andreea aana_ro at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 27 08:59:42 PST 2020

Dear EM community,
We have a K2 Summit, bought in December 2014. Last month, the video card of the gatan server died. After buying a new videocard, the diagnostic was that something is wrong on the motherboard.

The replied from gatan US was:

"We no longer have the Colfax PCs and I can’t give you a price on them.  What you need to do is have sales quote a OneView IS computer that will work with the K2 system and all of the K2 components can be transferred from the original K2 computer to the OneView IS computer."

I was wondering if someone can propose us an alternative option, instead of buying a new server for 30k€? Does someone have an unused Colfax PCs motherboard for sale, that would be suitable for K2 summit?

If not, keep in mind that we might have spare parts if needed...

My kind regards,
--
Ana Andreea ARTENI, PhD
E-mail : ana-andreea.arteni at i2bc.paris-saclay.fr