[3dem] Job Opening: PhD positions in Cologne, Germany

Simon Poepsel spoepsel at uni-koeln.de
Fri May 15 13:16:44 PDT 2020

Dear young, ambitious and talented 3dem Subscribers,

our lab at the Center for Molecular Medicine in Cologne, Germany, is
growing (poepsel-lab.cmmc-uni-koeln.de). We have openings for two PhD
students to join our team starting this summer. We’re working on
mechanisms regulating the deposition and removal of histone
modifications, in particular methylation. Our research has a strong
emphasis on cancer-associated chromatin modifying complexes, their
composition, architecture and functional roles in disease progression
and therapy response. We have some really exciting projects in the
pipeline and access to a growing single-particle cryo-EM infrastructure,
including everything you need from biochemistry, sample prep, grid
plunging, to data processing etc. in house.

The CMMC offers great support for international resaerchers and provides
a fantastic research environment, including the University Clinic and
main campus of Cologne University nearby, the excellence cluster for
ageing research, CECAD, as well as the MPI for the Biology of Ageing
right next door. Apart from that, Cologne is a vibrant and lively city
with a rich history and >100,000 students.

If you wish to apply, please send a CV, cover letter, statement of
research interests and contact info of two academic referees to me
(spoepsel at uni-koeln.de <mailto:spoepsel at uni-koeln.de>). Do not hesitate
to contact me if you have any questions.

Best,

Simon

--
Simon Poepsel, PhD
Group Leader - JRG XI

Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne (CMMC)
University of Cologne

CMMC Research Center (Building 66)
Robert-Koch-Str. 21
50931 Cologne