[3dem] automated virus analysis in EM images

Adrian Wanner adrian.wanner at princeton.edu
Sun Mar 22 15:35:50 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

In the past few days our machine-learning team at ariadne.ai
<https://ariadne.ai> has worked on automated segmentation/detection of
virus particles in EM images.

Please get in touch if
- you would be interested in collaborating
- a similar type of analysis could be useful for your virology research
- you have libraries of additional EM images of viruses to share (any
virus type/class, but in particular SARS-CoV-2)
- you have any useful feedback on what to improve in the detection

We are looking for collaborators that would like to work with us to
further improve the automated virus analysis, e.g. for automated virus
classification.
The attached image shows automatically detected HSV virus particles that
have been segmented by our prototype algorithm without any human
intervention/annotation (image source:
https://figshare.com/articles/Untitled_Item/8131241/2) .

Best,
Adrian