[3dem] Urgent call for expression of interest in COVID-19 related access at eBIC/DIAMOND LIGHT SOURCE

Walsh, Martin (DLSLtd,RAL,LSCI) martin.walsh at diamond.ac.uk
Sun Mar 22 10:06:26 PDT 2020

Dear all,

RESPONSE TO COVID-19 EMERGENCY

Diamond is offering, subject to light touch rapid review, free-at-the-point of use remote access to a range of facilities (see below) to help research aimed at combatting the COVID-19 outbreak. This applies equally to users from all countries.

To help us plan operations we would appreciate expressions of interest ASAP to gauge the likely level of demand. At this stage we do not require mature proposals, simply estimation of what access (experiment type and scope) you might require over the next three months.

The short rapid access proposal can be accessed here:  https://www.diamond.ac.uk/covid-19/for-scientists/rapid-access.html

Please either fill in the form or send a free-format expression of interest direct to: covid19access at diamond.ac.uk<mailto:covid19access at diamond.ac.uk>

Details:
In line with UK government recommendations to help slow down the spread of the COVID-19 disease ( https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus) Diamond will be running restricted operations for the foreseeable future and will not be accommodating any users on site.

For the month of April we are aiming to perform only remote access work relevant to the COVID-19 outbreak. We hope to run a limited service with Instruments available according to demand, from amongst the following

cryoEM via eBIC:  https://www.diamond.ac.uk/Instruments/Biological-Cryo-Imaging/eBIC.html

Cryo X-ray Microscopy and Cryo Super resolution microscopy (incl CLXM & CLEM):
https://www.diamond.ac.uk/Instruments/Biological-Cryo-Imaging/B24.html

cryo MX beamlines:  https://www.diamond.ac.uk/Instruments/Mx.html

XChem:  https://www.diamond.ac.uk/Instruments/Mx/Fragment-Screening.html

BioSAXS: https://www.diamond.ac.uk/Instruments/Soft-Condensed-Matter/small-angle/B21.html