[3dem] Artica/Krios question

Andrea Nans andrea.nans at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 07:21:21 PDT 2020

Hi David,

We had this issue on our Talos Arctica and replacing optics boards did not
fix the problem. It was finally solved by upgrading the firmware of the
optics boards from 2.0.3 to 2.0.7. Apparently the correct firmware was
never pushed to the boards after a prior software update.

There is a coil calibration procedure that had to be re-done as well.

Restarting the TEM server doesn't switch the FEG off as others have pointed
out. However the gun lens trick mentioned by Mike Strauss doesn't appear to
work for us after updating the microscope software to 1.15. We have to do a
TEM server restart to reset the Falcon dose protector.

Best,

Andrea
The Francis Crick Institute