[3dem] Gatan clipring tool

Reinhard Rachel Reinhard.Rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Feb 12 01:21:19 PST 2020

>>> 12.02.2020 at 06:56:
> I add the same issue a few year ago. I ended up removing the wing from the
> central rod and pulling out the rod. You end up with two tools, one for
> clipping (which should be done by the blck top anyway not with the wing
> thingy) and one for removing the clip ring with only one wing but it work
> fine.  Two tools for $0.

This sounds like a nice solution, indeed.
Yes, I had taken apart the GATAN tool once (our broken tool), but I did not get the idea to make two tools ...
Thanks, Eric.
Do you provide fotos of your tools (which you had got made in your workshop, I assume?)?
Or do you still use the original parts from the Gatan tool, taken apart? That's easy.

> We have been running like this for 4 years now using the cryo holder almost
> every day several times a day with no issue.

this sounds promising.  Thank you for this valuable hint.
kind regards,
Reinhard

--
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Rachel
University of Regensburg
mail reinhard.rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
office: VKL 3.1.29
member of the IFSM board

Next microscopy conferences:
- EMC2020 in Kopenhagen, 23.-28.8. 2020 (European conference)
- MC2021 in Vienna (D-A-CH conference)
- IMC20 in Busan, South Korea: Sept 25-30, 2022
- next Microbiol. conferences:  VAAM 8.-11.03. 2020 Leipzig