[3dem] Gatan clipring tool

Eric Hanssen ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Feb 12 14:38:16 PST 2020

HI Reinhard,
Yes we still have the original tools, instead of one I have two. It is very rare to get two tools for $0 for Gatan product ...

I didn’t need the workshop for that, remove the broken wing with a msall pair of forceps, file with fine (1000) sand paper, "et voila"
I am not sure how much longer it will hold but so far so good. The clip rings do not seem to wear out faster than with the standard holder.

Eric

Assoc. Prof Eric Hanssen

Head - Advanced Microscopy Facility
Honorary Principal Fellow – Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

President Australian Microscopy and Microanalysis Society

Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute
30 Flemington Road - The University of Melbourne - Victoria 3010 - Australia
email: ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au | Office: +61 3 83442449 | Microscope: +61 3 83442509
Web: www.microscopy.unimelb.edu.au