[3dem] Gatan clipring tool

Eric Hanssen ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Feb 11 21:56:45 PST 2020

HI Terje,
I add the same issue a few year ago. I ended up removing the wing from the central rod and pulling out the rod. You end up with two tools, one for clipping (which should be done by the blck top anyway not with the wing thingy) and one for removing the clip ring with only one wing but it work fine.  Two tools for $0.
We have been running like this for 4 years now using the cryo holder almost every day several times a day with no issue.

Good luck
Cheers
Eric

Assoc. Prof Eric Hanssen

Head - Advanced Microscopy Facility
Honorary Principal Fellow – Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

President Australian Microscopy and Microanalysis Society

Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute
30 Flemington Road - The University of Melbourne - Victoria 3010 - Australia
email: ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au | Office: +61 3 83442449 | Microscope: +61 3 83442509
Web: www.microscopy.unimelb.edu.au