[3dem] diffraction data: negative counts on OneView Cammera

Tim Gruene tim.gruene at univie.ac.at
Mon Sep 16 13:13:50 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I received some diffraction data sets collected with a Gatan OneView detector
in binning mode (512x512 pixels). The images contain many negative counts, at
least according to Fiji and to Matlab. Would anyone have an explanation for
this?

I did ask for as raw as possible data. Without flatfield/darkfield correction,
however, I would still not expect negative counts.

The data are 32-bit. Since there are negative counts along the beam stop, I
would also rule out misinterpretation of the data as signed instead of
unsigned.

I would appreciate some ideas, as to how a camera could produce negative
counts.

Best regards,
Tim

Tim Gruene
Head of the Centre for X-ray Structure Analysis
Faculty of Chemistry
University of Vienna

Phone: +43-1-4277-70202

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A