[3dem] Postdoctoral position to work on the type IV pilus machinery in Thermus

Gold, Vicki V.A.M.Gold at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Sep 16 09:07:00 PDT 2019

Dear all,
A position for Postdoctoral Research Assistant is available to work in the research group of Dr. Vicki Gold at the Living Systems Institute, University of Exeter.
The successful candidate will join a BBSRC funded project to study the mechanism of action of the type IV pilus in Thermus thermophilus by fluorescence light microscopy and electron cryo-microscopy.
Our institute is equipped with brand new sample preparation laboratories, state-of-the-art imaging facilities, an automated and cryo-capable EM and a cutting-edge GPU computer cluster for processing. The candidate will also have regular access to our shared GW4-supported 200 keV Talos Arctica with a K2 direct electron detector, and if required, to 300 keV Titan Krios microscopes at eBic.
The position is available immediately for a fixed term of one year, but may be extended subject to funding.
Closing date for applications is 14th October.
For further information please see here:
https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=623239Q87N&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA
Best wishes,
Vicki
Dr. Vicki Gold
Senior Lecturer, CryoEM lab
Office T04.16
Living Systems Institute
University of Exeter
Stocker Road
Exeter
EX4 4QD
UK

Tel: +44 (0)1392 727454

The GW4 Cryo-EM Facility is up and running:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/wolfson-bioimaging/equipment/cryo-em/