[3dem] automated data collection speed

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Thu Oct 24 10:59:38 PDT 2019

Hi,

    We have a ThermoFisher Talos Artica equipped with Falcon 3 and K3 cameras.  We do not have an energy filter on the system and have been using Gatan's Latitude for automated data collection using the K3 and ThermoFisher's EPU for automated data collection using the Falcon 3.  Although the K3 is a much faster camera, Latitude seems to drive the Artica very slowly, and the rate of data acquisition (images per hour) is about the same for both cameras.  This seems like it should not be the case.  Does anyone have similar or better experiences?  Thanks in advance.

--
    politics is more difficult than physics.
                                             A. Einstein

            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center
             047D Simon Hall