[3dem] Postdoc position in membrane protein cryo-EM at St. Jude

Lee, Chia-Hsueh ChiaHsueh.Lee at STJUDE.ORG
Thu Oct 24 10:48:55 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We are seeking one highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join Dr. Chia-Hsueh Lee's lab at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Successful candidates will lead research projects focusing on structural mechanisms of neuronal membrane proteins.

We use cryo-EM and biochemical/biophysical approaches to study the function of membrane proteins (Lee and MacKinnon, Science 2018; Lee and MacKinnon, Cell 2017).

The lab has full access to the state-of-the-art cryoEM facility at St. Jude, which houses a 300kV Titan Krios and a 200 kV Talos Arctica electron microscope, both equipped with a K3 detector and energy filter.

The ideal candidate should have: (1) a PhD degree in biochemistry, structural Biology, Biophysics or related fields. (2) project management and scientific writing experience. (3) good communication skills and a collaborative attitude. Additional expertise in structural biology (single particle cryo-EM or X-ray crystallography) would be a plus, but not required.

Interested applicants should apply for job 42405 at https://postdoc-stjude.icims.com/jobs/5326/postdoctoral-research-assoc/job

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Chia-Hsueh Lee

Assistant Member
Department of Structural Biology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital