[3dem] Resolution estimation

Mohamed A Sayed mohamed.sobhy at kaust.edu.sa
Thu Jun 13 11:27:16 PDT 2019

Hello,

I hope you would please advise on the following:

When I apply post processing in Relion on a refined 3D map, the FSC curve gives 0.3 Angstrom worse resolution than that before post processing.

If I use Resmap v 1.95 to estimate the resolution from the unfiltered half maps of the refined model, the resolution is 0.4 A better than when I use the resolution estimation from Relion on the same unfiltered half map.

- Which value to believe?

- How to calculate FSC without post processing ?

- What caused the post processing to give lower resolution and resolution estimation to be lower?

Can you please point out for a source on how to reliably fit a pdb into an cryo map?

Thank you very much for your help and time.