[3dem] Weird particle distribution

Eric Hanssen ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 23 14:27:21 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I have a weird behaviour in particle distribution. It is my usual protein (Plasmodium proteasome, C2) but this time I solve it using cryosparc, imported the particles coordinate in Relion, re-extracted and did a bit more cleaning in 2D classes,  recreate a de novo model, 3D classification and refine3D. The distribution plot looks very weird with what looks like a dot matrix around the sphere, I have never seen it before).  I have an excess of one orientation but this is not the issue. See pict attached.
Thoughts?
Eric
[image1.png]

Assoc. Prof Eric Hanssen
Head - Advanced Microscopy Facility
Honorary Principal Fellow – Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

President Australian Microscopy and Microanalysis Society

Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute - 30 Flemington Road - The University of Melbourne - Victoria 3010 - Australia
email: ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:ehanssen at unimelb.edu.au> | Office: +61 3 83442449 | Microscope: +61 3 83442509
Web: www.microscopy.unimelb.edu.au<http://www.microscopy.unimelb.edu.au/>