[3dem] ManifoldEM software package

Ali Dashti adashti at uwm.edu
Wed Feb 27 12:13:09 PST 2019

Dear 3DEM community members,

We have developed a new open source software package for the community. ManifoldEM applies our manifold-based approach for mapping energy landscapes and analysis of functionally relevant continuous conformational changes from single-particle data (Dashti et al. PNAS 2014<https://www.pnas.org/content/111/49/17492.short>, Dashti et al. BioRXiv 2019<https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/291922v2.abstract>). We wanted to reach out to you with the news and ask if such a software were publicly available, would you like to receive it, and be supported in its installation & use?

We seek to secure grant funding for dissemination, workshop training, user support, software maintenance and further development. The statements of interest from the community are critical for the success of the application.

Best Regards,

Ali Dashti, Abbas Ourmazd and Joachim Frank