[3dem] Join the Rockefeller University!
mebrahim at mail.rockefeller.edu
Fri Feb 1 08:04:12 PST 2019
Dear Cryo-EM Community,
We are hiring a research support specialist to join our awesome team at the Rockefeller University. The candidate will help maintain our day to day operations as we expand the Cryo-EM Resource Center (CEMRC) and have the pleasure of interfacing with world renowned structural biologists and scientists.
Talos Arctica with K2
Titan Krios with K2- soon to be upgraded to K3
Recently added: Titan Krios with GIF/K3, CS corrector, and phase plate.
In the coming month or two: Aquilos FIB/SEM
Plasma cleaners, vitrobots, etc.
Mark Ebrahim- Senior Staff Scientist- builder and fixer of things @markroscope on twitter
Johanna Sotiris- Research Support Specialist- microscope/sample prep extraordinaire and dog lover - hates twitter
The formal job posting is pasted below and also attached for your convenience. We are looking forward to working with you!
Research Support Specialist, Cryo-Electron Microscopy Resource Center (CEMRC)
The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our state-of-the-art Cryo-Electron Microscopy Resource Center (CEMRC) and provide support for single particle and tomography analysis to users of the center.
Developing and supporting the high throughput data collection, management, and analysis needs of the CEMRC, will work with researchers in detailed structural analysis of proteins and other biological macromolecules, as well as in daily technical and administrative functions, including sample prep, instrument operation, scheduling and tracking use, and supply management.
* Training CEMRC users on the use of image processing applications and analysis
* Providing consulting services to users on data analysis and interpretation of results
* Cataloging and disseminating information on available software
* Continuously evaluating updates to relevant software packages and implementing new tools
* Liaising with SBGrid and other relevant consortia
* Participating in professional development opportunities to keep up-to-date with current approaches and technologies
* Operating and maintaining CryoEM and related instrumentation
* Providing administrative and logistical support of day-to-day operations, including session scheduling, usage tracking and reporting, and materials acquisition
* Bachelor's degree in science required; advanced degree in structural biology, biophysics, biochemistry, computer science, engineering or closely related field strongly preferred
* A minimum of three years of training related to cryo-electron microscopy image processing, with emphasis on single particle analysis
* A proven track record reflecting mastery in high resolution reconstruction
* Competency with supporting computing hardware and high-level competency with relevant data image processing software, (e.g., 3DNA, SPIDER, Xmipp, EMAN2, SPARX, FREALIGN, and RELION)
* Experience working in heterogeneous computing environments, including recent experience with Linux, Apple, and Windows operating systems
* Familiarity with HPC job scheduling tools (e.g. SLURM)
* Ability and willingness to develop competency in relevant sample preparation and CryoEM operations
* Ability to work in and support multidisciplinary research
* Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Experience with tomography a plus
Cryo-Electron Microscopy Resource Center (CEMRC)
The Evelyn Gruss Lipper Cryo-Electron Microscopy Resource Center (CEMRC) provides its users with a world class environment to make advances in structural biology. The center is equipped with three high end dedicated cryo-electron microscopes. The microscopy suite was meticulously and specially designed to allow these instruments to perform beyond their specified resolutions. This center provides users with the world's most stable dedicated cryo-electron microscopes optimized for high resolution single particle analysis of proteins and protein complexes as well as high resolution cellular tomography. Users work alongside CEMRC staff until they have mastered electron microscope operation at which point they work autonomously.
How to Apply
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative work environment.
Please visit the following URL and apply to job code ‘IRC22133’. Please make sure to upload your resume and a cover letter.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans
Senior Staff Scientist
Cryo Electron Microscopy Resource Center (CEMRC)
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Avenue
New York, NY 10065
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 238142 bytes
More information about the 3dem