[3dem] Moving a microscope

Ruben Diaz pindusito at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 13:25:41 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

We are moving a high-end microscope (Titan Halo) from one Institute to
another which is about 4km away. We already hired the services of a
well-reputed company specialized in this sort of job, and they carry some
insurance for the move, but very likely it is not enough in case something
goes incredibly bad. My question is if anybody has gone through this
process, did you get some extra insurance, and if so, for how much?
(replacement cost?) Perhaps more importantly, did something bad happen
during the move that ended up needing an insurance claim? (column dropped
from a truck or something like that). Any horror histories would be welcome!

Ruben.